Ayurveda is the oldest medical science in the world, and also the most natural and effective art of wellness. Among many other things, Ayurveda also offers rejuvenation treatment in the form of various types of massage that use a combination of vibration, pressure, and different motions along with the use of aromatic oils.
Here are a few types of Ayurvedic massage in Kharghar that you can pick from for a completely holistic body rejuvenation.
1. Shirodhara: This is basically a head massage that is targeted towards the nerves under the scalp. Stimulating these nerves is the main motive in this type of massage. The stimulation is done by a “dhara” or a continuous flowing stream of herbal or medicated oil pouring directly on the scalp. It is known to treat headache and mental fatigue while also increasing clarity and focus.
2. Elakijhi and Ubtaan: These massages involve the treatment and rejuvenation of skin through animal-centric and herbal products. This technique, while nourishing the whole body, especially works on improving the quality of your skin.
3. Njavarkijhi: In this type of massage in Kharghar, the perspiration process is boosted in the body to help cleanse the skin pores. A medicated oil is applied on the body during this massage, followed by pressurized massage. The massage is done using small cotton blouses filled with Njavara, a special type of rice (cooked). The blouses are first dipped in cow milk before use, and a herbal paste is also applied.
4. Abhyangam: This is a full body massage performed using a medicated hot oil (varies according to the medical condition of different patients). The oil temperature is monitored careful to ensure the patient’s comfort. Pressure is applied evenly on the body, but slightly more on certain points that help in stimulating energies and eject toxins out of the body.
5. Pizhichil: This procedure involves a special vessel called “Kindi”. This vessel is uniquely shaped and designed to pout oil slowly in a thin, continuous stream. The vessel is placed a few inches above the body, and warm oil is poured slowly while the masseuse massages the body. The oil helps in calming the nerves and also resolves “VataDosha”. Pizhichil massage in Kharghar is especially recommended from people who suffer from monoplegia, hemiplegia, and paraplegia apart from paralysis, fractures or muscle stiffness.
6. Garshana: This massage surprisingly does not involve any type of oil, powder, or any other lubricant or stimulant. In fact, this massage procedure involves using only raw silk gloves without any lubrication. These gloves are worn by the masseuse, who then massages the body using light movements in order to stimulate the lymphatic system and release body toxins.
7. Udvartana: If you want to get rid of the toxins in your body while also enhancing blood circulation, you should try this massage in Kharghar. People having “KaphaDosha”, obesity, and high cholesterol levels should definitely get this massage. The process involves dried herbal powers or herbal pastes that are applied on the body in the direction opposite to the hair growth. This massage helps in breaking down the adipose tissues in the body and treat Kapha.